My second week was ALSO about meeting people, gee whiz. I saw an old friend from Stanford, a new friend whom I had met at N's party, went to delicious Ethiopian with my work colleague A and her friends, and finally to drinks with work colleagues on Friday (which included dancing to a live funk band... amazing). Social life!!!
But also about getting a little more settled. I've moved from Chris's apartment to a new place with a family. The wife is Swedish, the husband is Kenyan and their four year old daughter is Adorable.
Today I went hiking with some Australians and Americans, to Mt. Longonot - an inactive (I think) volcano about an hour and a half outside the city. Turns out, as soon as you leave the city you are in beautiful, green countryside. Wow. We saw a black and white monkey in a tree, and baboons crossing the road almost immediately. On the way down from the hike, we also saw a family of giraffe, and a bunch of zebra and elon!
Longonot was a very steep climb up, but then a really beautiful hike around the ridge. Here are my favorite photos. The last one is of three Australian buddies who were on the trek.
No comments:
Post a Comment